Leelou Blogs -->

Friday, February 27, 2009

Minor Set Back





Have been having trouble with everything tasting like crap. So went to doctor for a problem with one of my incisions that was a little infected. However while I was there they started asking me questions and before it was over I was downstairs in the hospital with an IV for over 6 hours. They told me that I was very dehydrated. Should be drinking at least 64 oz. a day and was only able to do about 30. I guess I must have looked pretty bad for them to immediately decide that I needed fluids.

The best or worst part was that the surgeon told them to give me a bag of fluids in 15 minutes. Needless to say that they weren't able to get it done in 15 but in 25 and my arm is still freezing cold. They continued that for 4 bags. So I froze for over 6 hours. Then to top everything off the surgeon told me and the staff that he would come by to see me before he left for the night. By 7 that night he hadn't come by and when asked the staff told me that he had left. So they had to call him to see if I could go home.

Yesterday was really busy went to work for 3 hours then to the doctor at 1:30 and left the hospital at 7:15. Do I know how to spend the day or what. They did give me some medicine to help with the taste problem so hopefully we won't have to do that again any time soon.

I'm attaching the pictures I took the night before surgery. Might have mentioned that pre-op nurse suggested that I take a picture of myself every three weeks to track my progress. So here is the first.

1 comment:

  1. Hope food is tasting better and you are recovering well.

    ReplyDelete