Leelou Blogs -->

Sunday, January 25, 2009

This is the beginning of a new chapter in my life and I have decided to share it with the people in my life.  The new beginning is the fact that I'm in the process of having weight loss surgery.  My whole life I have felt over weight, pictures of my past say otherwise. Now at 48 years old the reality is that I'm considered morbidly obese, great phrase one that I have still not been able to hear or say with out flinching.  In 2007 I hurt my knee and lower back and put myself in a position where I can't exercise and lose weight.  So a decision had to be made do I die young and morbidly obese or take back my life.  Wasn't a really hard decision.  Would like to play with possible future grandchildren.

So after some soul searching and Internet searching I have found the greatest place to begin my new chapter.  Have been able to find a clinic with a great staff and doctors to work with my in my new beginning.

The first hurdle was losing 38 lbs. beginning before Thanksgiving 2008.  As of January 23 I have lost 38.5 lbs.  Now the only things standing in my way of setting a surgery date is a stress test and echo-cardiogram.  Have completed the weight loss, the VO2 test, Support Group Meeting and beginning an exercise program (designed especially for me).  

One last hurdle and then the real work with begin.  My hope is that this blog will serve to help others understand what I'm going through.  As well as maybe help one person begin to understand their own struggle is not one they have to suffer alone.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new chapter. It seems to me, based on your blog, that the new chapter has, indeed, already begun. Good luck and we'll keep watch.

    ReplyDelete