Leelou Blogs -->

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Day After

As I set here resting my knees I am filled with so much joy and peace. On May 29th my son, Chuck married the woman of his dreams, Jenna. The wedding was perfect and filled with love. It is so easy to see how much they love each other, just look at the way they look at each other. As I watched them exchange their vows yesterday and heard Chuck in such a clear and loud voice pledge himself to Jenna, well there aren't any words to describe how I felt. Visions of times gone by of the sweet baby I brought home 28 years ago, filled my mind and the hope for the future. Have to admit that I am one blessed woman, my wonderful husband, two amazing sons and now finally the perfect daughter.

As I walked down the aisle on my son's arm yesterday beaming with pride and joy it occurred to me that if I hadn't had weight loss surgery two years ago I probably wouldn't have been able to make that walk or dance with my married son. In fact might not have been here today if I hadn't had weight loss surgery. It has been a hard battle but one I would do again and wouldn't have changed a thing. Why would I when the reward was so sweet.

Now I have so many things to look forward to think I'll hang for the rest of this ride of my live and see where it takes me next. All my love to Chuck and Jenna a they begin a new season in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment