Leelou Blogs -->

Friday, March 27, 2009

66 lbs. down

One month out and I’m 66 lbs down with 25 lost since surgery. This is going so fast I can hardly believe it. In no way has it been a smooth ride so far from it that I don’t want to ever forget everything that I have gone through to get to this side. Finally on real food, thank you God. No more cottage cheese, beans and tuna for every meal. I love cottage cheese but don’t think that I will be able to eat it or Jello again for a long time.

I did go shopping and tried on some pants that were the same size as the smallest pants I had in my closet. Tried them on and they were too big and had no elastic in the waist so I thought it was just the cut of the pants. However when I got home decided to try on the jeans that were the same size, drum roll please. They are too big as well. I can’t believe that I can now wear a size smaller than anything else in my closet. At least it is the pants that are baggy. I can get away with baggy pants but too big shirt is another thing all together. The boys tell me that I look like a bag lady when I wear shirts that are too big. You can allows tell the people who are losing weight at the Doctor’s office they are the ones with big and loose clothes.

I go back to the doctor on the 31st and can’t wait to see what the scales say after two weeks. I feel better every day until I run out of steam, which happens every day at some point. Of course if you count how much fuel I’m putting in my body and how much I’m using. Simple math tells you that I’m running out of fuel. Doesn’t make it easy to except but a little easier to deal with when it happens. Just need to keep up the good work.

1 comment: